3D Generalist (Look Development) Artist, Senior
Zoic Studios is an Award winning VFX company made up of accomplished artists and producers who understand story, process and relationships. Partnership, integrity and enthusiasm are our key founding principles. We have three locations, Los Angeles, New York City and Vancouver, Canada. Some of our recent credits include, Keanu, Everything Everything, Once Upon A Time, The 100, Arrow, Lemony Snicket's; Series of Unfortunate Events, Man In the High Castle, Imaginary Mary and The Get Down.
"Visual Evolution" is our mission; we invest in constantly improving our technological and studio processes so that our artists can focus on being creative even in the lightning fast paced world of visual effects. We apply these principles to our work on some of the most VFX intensive film and television projects out there. We like a challenge. Do you?
Our Vancouver location is currently seeking Senior 3D Generalist (Look Development) Artist.
The Senior 3D Generalist (Look Dev) artist works under the CG Lead, and in conjunction with other team members, to be a key part of the creation of photo realistic sets & characters to match mood boards, concepts and client’s vision.
- Hard surface and organic modeling; Build clean geo overtop of photogrammetry
- Create photo realistic lighting of CG characters, organic, & structural environments, props to production’s requirements.
- Texturing –create photo realistic tileable textures & hand painted custom maps
- Shaders – create from existing templates and/or from scratch
- Work within the colour & lighting pipeline.
- Ensure downstream pipeline needs are considered & optimized for rendering.
- Work with other team members to address internal and external notes.
- Work within assigned hours and deadlines.
- Keep up to date with internal tools, software and techniques.
- Work with 2D Look dev Artist to standardize mattes required for each set
- Take point on sets under the direction of Leads and Supervisors as needed
- Share knowledge and techniques with other team members.
- Mentor junior artists.
- Assist in overall team communication and contribute to positive work environment.
- Minimum 8 years’ experience within live action VFX in Generalist & Lighting role.
- Senior level proficiency in Maya
- Senior level proficient in VRay – shader development & lighting techniques properties.
- Senior level experience using Vray in production setting.
- Working knowledge of Nuke.
- Working knowledge of MARI, Substance Painter, Zbrush.
- Experience in SpeedTree and/or VUE an asset.
- Senior level understanding of CG lighting principles.
- Experience with full CG environments.
- Senior level experience matching digital lighting w/ practical photography/live action plates.
- Senior level experience with lighting digital assets using HDRI.
- Expert knowledge of colour space and how/when to apply.
- Proven Ability to take shots to final at highest possible quality within schedules.
- Experience mentoring other artists
- Past experience in VFX within film and/or television.
- Excellent communication skills in English; both verbal and written.
- Strong attention to detail and follow through.
- Positive attitude.
- Open to receiving constructive feedback.
- Experience working in a high pace environment.
- Must showcase lighting, modeling, look dev and VFX experience, as outlined with up-to-date reel.
BC Residents preferred
375 Water Street, Vancouver, BC
Wage Range: $48.08 - $63.00