Zoic Studios is an Award winning VFX company made up of accomplished artists and producers who understand story, process and relationships. Partnership, integrity and enthusiasm are our key founding principles. We have three locations, Los Angeles, New York City and Vancouver, Canada. Some of our recent credits and works include, Arrow, Legends of Tomorrow, Stargirl and The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina.
"Visual Evolution" is our mission; we invest in constantly improving our technological and studio processes so that our artists can focus on being creative even in the lightning fast paced world of visual effects. We apply these principles to our work on some of the most VFX intensive projects out there. We like a challenge. Do you?
Our Vancouver location is currently seeking an Animation Supervisor. The Animation Supervisor is responsible for ensuring their animators are producing quality animation performances that meet or exceed the creative expectations of the VFX Supervisor, Creative Director.
This position requires a expert knowledge of animation and performance methodologies, and a willingness to work within as well as contribute to our internal pipeline. The Animation Supervisor should be passionate about creating high quality animation for small screen and streamed projects.
The Animation Supervisor reports to the Creative Director. This role is for an immediate full-time staff position.
- Oversee and supervise animation across assigned projects, review animation at all stages, provide feedback to the animators.
- Work on-the-box in order to set up and create methodologies for characters and/or VFX animation.
- Attend dailies as required.
- Under the direction of the VFX Supervisor, translate the client directives to supervise the animators towards expectations, and to ensure story and narrative is realized.
- Collaborate with DFX and CG Supervisors to ensure an efficient methodology to meet projects’ needs.
- Ongoing, clear and concise communication with Animation Department Coordinator and Production teams to manage bid hours, priorities and deliveries.
- Assign shots to animators based on their skill set.
- Work closely with the Technical Lead-Animation, TDs, Pipeline and Rigging providing feedback and suggestions with the aim of ensuring artists have tools and techniques to complete their shots.
- Review reels w/ Recruiting, participate in interviews and make recommendations on new hires.
- Work with HR to provide constructive artistic and job performance feedback.
- Act as a mentor to inspire, motivate and develop the talent of the animators.
- Oversee new hire orientation and training as required.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in a VFX studio
- Minimum 3 years work experience at a supervisory level on high end VFX and animation projects
- Broad technical knowledge of all aspects of animation, including key-frame, mo-cap, facial animation, rigging and muscle systems
- Working knowledge of Maya for the purposes of troubleshooting, and guiding methodology choices
- Proven experience communicating with clients and team members of all levels
- Ability to manage multiple priorities while meeting quality standards, deadlines and bid hours
- Previous experience in deadline driven project management and client relations
- Ability to troubleshoot and predict potential issues
- Top level animation skills, leadership and creative problem solving are a must.
- Excellent English communication skills both verbal and written
- Experience in episodic animation is highly preferred
- Must show an up-to-date reel, portfolio and resume showcasing requirements