Outsource Manager (Tracking & Match Move)
Zoic Studios is an Award winning VFX company made up of accomplished artists and producers who understand story, process and relationships. Partnership, integrity and enthusiasm are our key founding principles. We have three locations, Los Angeles, New York City and Vancouver, Canada. Some of our recent credits include, Legends of Tomorrow, Arrow and The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina and Stargirl.
"Visual Evolution" is our mission; we invest in constantly improving our technological and studio processes so that our artists can focus on being creative even in the lightning fast paced world of visual effects. We apply these principles to our work on some of the most VFX intensive film and television & streamed projects out there. We like a challenge. Do you?
We are currently seeking an Outsource Manager, 3D Tracking & Matchmove for our Vancouver studio. The Outsource Manager will work closely with the Camera Department Supervisors and Department Coordinator to ensure that all 3D tracking and related tasks required to be outsourced, are dealt with efficiently and within production deadlines. You will be the main link between the internal Camera department and the Internationally located vendors. This role is new and the right candidate will be helping to develop a new structure relating to Tracking and MM outsource process.
This position reports to the Head of Production.
This is a temporary position beginning immediately or January 6, 2020 until December, 2020. Core hours are 9AM to 6 PM with potential for overtime or some weekend work when required to deal with vendors in different time zones.
- Manage all outsource needs including packaging and budgets.
- Lead the implementation of a Tracking Outsource workflow as well as help improve the system including how new process will integrate with other departments and locations.
- Manage all scheduling as it relates to milestones and assigned delivery dates.
- Collaborate with Tracking / MM Supervisors and Coordinator to break down workload requiring outsourcing.
- Accurately prepare reports in Excel and Word in order to update production on milestones and deliveries.
- Manager and communicate file specification requirements between vendor and studio including Ingesting files (plates) as well as packaging.
- Communicate and act as liaison between international outsource vendors & studio.
- Request, negotiate and gather quotes from multiple vendors.
- Review invoicing before forwarding to internal Accounting department.
- Support daily requests for the department from various projects.
- Provide updates to department Supervisors and production teams.
- Other tasks and errands consistent with the position as assigned.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office; Word, Outlook and Excel
- Min 2 years’ Experience in 3D Tracking, MM and Layout.
- Min 3 years’ experience in coordination within live action VFX Pipeline
- Proficient in Shotgun
- Knowledge of Maya or Nuke a plus.
- Experience with FTP client file management
- Experience in a fast paced Administrative role
- Must be highly organized
- excellent English communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Must be comfortable communicating by telephone.
- Must be able to follow direction and work and problem solve independently.
- First hand Knowledge and experience in Tracking, MM and Layout.
- Detail oriented
- Eager to learn and pick up new skills efficiently
- Takes initiative and thrives in a very fast paced environment.
- Keen interest in understanding the technical details of 3D tracking and Match Move workflow, in order to help develop an efficient process for outsourcing.
***Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada***
**BC Residents Preferred**