Tools TD - Lighting
Zoic Studios is an Award winning VFX company made up of accomplished artists and producers who understand story, process and relationships. Partnership, integrity and enthusiasm are our key founding principles. We have three locations, Los Angeles, New York City and Vancouver, Canada. Some of our recent credits and works include, Arrow, Legends of Tomorrow, Stargirl and The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina.
"Visual Evolution" is our mission; we invest in constantly improving our technological and studio processes so that our artists can focus on being creative even in the lightning fast paced world of visual effects. We apply these principles to our work on some of the most VFX intensive projects out there. We like a challenge. Do you?
Our Vancouver location is currently seeking a Lighting-centric Tools TD. The Tools TD - Lighting is a strong technical problem solver. This role is responsible for developing and maintaining lighting tools while providing lighting and render support to artists. The Tools TD - Lighting is a part of the Tools and Operations team and is in regular contact with other Technical Directors, Pipeline and artists.
This role is for an immediate, 1-year contract.
- Develop and maintain the lighting tools, techniques and procedures
- Work with artists to troubleshoot and address technical problems at the shot and studio level
- Comply with code practices as defined by the Pipeline Department
- Optimize renders on a studio and shot level
- Collaborate with other Technical Directors and the Pipeline Department
- Understand the Zoic pipeline with a primary focus on lighting tools
- Support tool and technical needs in departments outside of lighting as required
- Define, develop and maintain publish checks between departments
- Provide documentation for lighting tools
- Train and demonstrate tools and lighting workflow
- Attend meetings as required
- Keep up to date with VFX software and technology
- 3 years’ previous experience as a tools TD tools
- Excellent English communication skills, both written and verbal
- Intermediate to Senior level experience in CG required
- Maya and Vray experience required
- Expert knowledge of Python and PyQT
- Experience in scripting tools in a production environment
- Strong understanding of object oriented programming
- Technical knowledge of VFX disciplines including:
- Cg integration compositing
- technical color theory
- Experience with a production renderer
- Fundamental UI design principles – an asset but not required
- Demo reel/Experience that demonstrates qualifications required
Canadian/PR Applicants preferred.